Philippe Hottinguer Finance commands and support the expertise necessary to adress all corporate finance issues and solutions arising from the specific requests and needs of its clients.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Philippe Hottinguer Finance advises and assists its clients in their M&A transactions and specific operations like corporate divestitures.
Our comprehensive approach is best described in the following step-by-step process :
- Strategic and competitive analysis ;
- Business plan and financial modeling, full valuation paper ;
- Drafting of the Information Memorandum ;
- Search for suitable target companies ;
- Financial and legal structuring of the contemplated operation ;
- Assistance for and review of milestone documents to the M&A process (Letter of Intent, Shareholders’ Agreement, Share Purchase Agreement) ;
- Guidance and advice in the final stages of negotiation and preparation for the closing.
Depending on the specifics of the transaction in progress, some of the above stages may be conducted successively or in sequence with a separate market operation like an IPO, the search for alternate sources of financing from an industrial partner, the reverse takeover of a listed company, or the purchase of a Special Purpose Vehicle.
Fund Raising - Private Placement
The teams of Philippe Hottinguer Finance extend their assistance and expertise to corporate clients and entrepreneurs alike at all stages of their fund raising needs, in the form of equity or debt instruments, so as to match the requirements of private placement investors.
In particular, we offer the following services :
- Financial modeling & forecasting, business plans and valuation ;
- Structuring of the operation ;
- Preparation and coaching of owners for presentations and roadshows ;
- Drafting of preparatory documents (Information Memorandum, Management Presentation) ;
- Search for suitable investors according to their stated and actual investment profiles ;
- Contact with potential investors and subsequent shortlisting ;
- Assistance in the final negotations with investors (Letter of Intent, various protocols, Shareholders’ Agreement, Share Purchase Agreement) up to the closing.
Philippe Hottinguer Finance has a privileged access to a wide spectrum of investors qualified to engage into private placements : dedicated funds, hedge funds, family offices, private equity funds, private wealth structured vehicles, and institutional funds raised by insurers, bankers, and industrial corporations.
Our specific know-how in this area is grounded in our deep-seated knowledge of the respective goals of each class of investors which allows us in turn to better prepare our clients to raise funds with the best-suited counterparts.
Philippe Hottinguer’s knowledge of the expectations of the company’s financial partners enables him to assist the company in researching, negotiating and putting in place the financing necessary for its development or turnaround.
Initially, Philippe Hottinguer Finance initially works alongside the management (or shareholders) to analyse the financial situation of the company and its possible causes of difficulties, which can be various:
- a difficult context ;
- a structural or cyclical deterioration in profitability
- the failure of a partner
- a financial situation that is not adapted to the economic reality;
- exponential growth, etc.
During this diagnosis, Philippe Hottinguer Finance takes into account
- the timetable for the operation, which may include turnaround operations
- the conditions of the partners’ adhesion and, possibly, the prospects of recovery.
In this context, Philippe Hottinguer Finance’s assignments include
- Analysis of the state of contractual relations and existing outstandings between the company, its customers, suppliers and third party financial partners;
- Assistance in preparing a financing application to financial institutions and investors;
- On the basis of the elements transmitted by the client, and his advisors, assistance in the choice of a negotiation strategy and the presentation to the financial partners of the envisaged financial structure.
In this context, Philippe Hottinguer Finance works closely with the various players involved in the financing or turnaround process (lawyers, accountants, financial partners, investors, interim managers, etc.).
Financial Engineering – Equity & Debt Capital Markets
Philippe Hottinguer Finance can assist its corporate clients that already are – or are in the process of being – listed on any given compartment of the stock market. For instance, we provide guidance and follow up to client companies on regulatory and compliance issues with the stock market authorities, as described in the tab on «Listing Sponsor Services on NYSE –ALTERNEXT ».
Our teams also advise clients in the assistance and coordination of the following market transactions :
- Initial public offerings (IPOs in close coordination with select investment service providers which client companies have previously vetted) ;
- Private secondary offerings ( assistance to find investors) ;
- Block trade procedures and review of share capital reallocations ;
- Issuance of debt securities to qualified institutional investors ;
- Takeover bids and delistings.
To carry out these missions of assistance, Philippe Hottinguer Finance can make available to its clients a select network of professionals in the fields of securities law, of investment service providers, of independent financial research analysts, and of financial communication agencies.
The optimal choice and combination of these of skills is to be jointly made by the client and Philippe Hottinguer Finance, whilst keeping in mind the diligent and efficient execution of the transaction at hand.
Philippe Hottinguer Finance can pride itself on having a recognized experience as a stock-market expert for assisting medium-sized companies in their IPO processes, including direct admissions and transfers across market segments.
On Euronext Growth®, an organised market dedicated since its creation in 2005 to small and mid cap companies, Philippe Hottinguer Finance is active as a registered Listing Sponsor and can offer its clients all the services allowed under this status.
For a medium-sized corporation, the major benefits of a listing on an organised market like Euronext Growth® are manifold :
- Financing of both organic and external growth ;
- Raising awareness and credibility within its own environment and also towards third parties that may soon be involved in the company’s development and strategy ;
- Establishing both liquidity and a market-related valuation benchmark ;
- Facilitating any changes in share capital or ownership in the case of a majority handover.
To ensure a successful market listing to its clients, Philippe Hottinguer Finance can provide advice on the structuring, valuation, and market-scaling of any IPO-related operations, as they may be in the form of direct admission, placement with institutional investors, or offer to the public at large.
Also acting as a Listing Sponsor, Philippe Hottinguer Finance has the all-important mission to liaise, on behalf of its client companies, with the regulatory authorities and to assist in the preparation of presentation and offering documents.
This assistance and guidance mission that Philippe Hottinguer Finance conducts on behalf of its listed or market-bound clients is evidence of our willingness to become the facilitators of choice to all our valued customers, in corporate and market-related matters as well.